Best Methods for On-Page Blog Post Search Engine Optimization
On February 5th, 2020 / By Hamzah Khadim
One of the most common methods used by websites to help boost inbound traffic is to start a blog. Aside from starting a blog and posting blog articles, it is equally important to verify the content incorporates on-page SEO. It can be disappointing to spend time creating outstanding blog posts, put them on your site, and then wonder why no one is reading them. In most cases, it is merely a matter of not taking the time to optimize the on-page content.
Optimizing the on-page content ensures you are incorporating several of Google’s top ranking factors. These factors are a big influence on SERPs (Search Engine Result Placements) and include the following:
- Blog Titles – The blog title should incorporate a keyword or key phrase, while at the same time be engaging to entice people to read the post.
- Content – Quality and original content is vital for optimization strategies. It is better to develop a decent piece of content, rather than numerous pieces of lower quality content. The content should also include relevant keywords that sound natural and are not forced. Ideally, you want to try and use the same one, or a variant of the one used in the title in the first paragraph of the content.
- Keywords and Key Phrases – Sprinkling a few relevant keywords and key phrases in the content is important. However, avoid going overboard as this could actually hurt optimization efforts. As a general rule, for every 500 words of content (not counting the title) you should use between 1 and 2 keywords or key phrases.
- Title Tags and Meta Descriptions – Make sure to change these from their defaults. Both should include a relevant keyword, often the same one used in the title of the post. Title Tags are limited to a maximum of 55 characters with spaces and Meta Descriptions are limited to a maximum of 155 characters with spaces. Try to use as many characters as possible without going over.
- Catchy Meta Descriptions – Meta Descriptions are the introductions people see in search results right under the link to the content. Write a description that entices users to want to read the post.
- Images and Videos – Try to incorporate at least one or two images for each post. In place of images, you can also use an embedded video with the option to view it on YouTube. Just remember to include keywords in image and video descriptions.
- Social Sharing – Remember to include buttons within the post so readers can share the post on their favorite social media sites.
- Linking – Include one internal link using the keyword or key phrase that points to another relevant post or web page on your site where readers can learn more useful information. You can also use external linking, like to a video on YouTube, as long as it is related to the post.
Lastly, make sure your blog pages incorporate a mobile-friendly and responsive design, while at the same provide fast loading times. To learn more about how to optimize your on-page content or for assistance in starting a blog, call the SEO marketing experts at Logik Digital by phoning 1-866-307-0086 now!