Google Business Profiles (GBPs) are essential for small businesses to get found online and connect with potential customers. However, if your GBP is suspended, it can have a devastating impact on your business.
In recent years, there has been an increase in the number of small businesses being forced to verify their business with Google. This is because Google is trying to improve the quality of its search results and reduce the number of fake or spammy businesses.
When Google asks you to verify your business, they must see documentation proving your business is legitimate. This documentation can include:
- A copy of your business license or registration certificate
- A copy of your utility bill or bank statement
- A photo of the front of your business location
If you are unable to provide the necessary documentation, your GBP may be suspended.
The Appeal Process
If your GBP is suspended, you can appeal the decision by following these steps:
- Go to the Google Business Profile appeals tool.
- Sign in to the Google Account associated with your GBP.
- Select the GBP that you want to reinstate.
- Review the reason for the suspension and the policy that was violated.
- Gather evidence to support your appeal. This could include documentation that proves your business is legitimate or an explanation of how you have fixed the issue that led to the suspension.
- Submit your appeal.
Google will review your appeal and notify you of their decision within a few business days.
How Long Does It Take to Get Your GBP Reinstated?
The amount of time it takes to get your GBP reinstated depends on a number of factors, including the severity of the violation and the amount of evidence you provide. However, most appeals are processed within a few business days.
The Importance of Staying on Top of Your Google Maps Profile
Your Google Maps profile is one of the first things that potential customers will see when they search for your business online. It is important to make sure that your profile is complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
You risk losing business to competitors if you do not stay on top of your Google Maps profile. For example, if your profile is incomplete or inaccurate, potential customers may not be able to find you or learn about your business.
How Hiring Experts Can Help
Hiring a digital marketing agency can help you prevent your GBP from being suspended and stay on top of your Google Maps profile. Digital marketing agencies have the experience and expertise to help you:
- Verify your business with Google
- Create and optimize your GBP
- Monitor your GBP for changes
- Respond to reviews and messages
- Keep your GBP up-to-date
If your GBP is suspended, it is important to appeal the decision as soon as the business owner and you need help with your GBP or your Google Maps profile, contact Logik Digital today. Logik Digital is a Toronto-based digital marketing agency that can help you get the most out of your online presence.