Discover 12 Secrets for On Page Optimization
On December 19th, 2019 / By Hamzah Khadim
On page optimization is an essential part of effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategies many small and medium businesses tend to overlook because they fail to understand the relevance of optimizing their web pages and how their efforts have a direct effect on SERPs (search engine result placements).
To fully optimize a page, our Toronto SEO experts agree on these 12 important factors:
- Title Tag: The Title Tag is the page title and effective titles incorporate a keyword or keyword phrase into the allotted 30 to 65 character limit. You do not want to go over, but at the same time want to use as many of the maximum allowed characters.
- Meta Description: The Meta Description is a brief description about the content contained on the page and is between 130 and 155 characters in length, while also incorporating a keyword or key phase.
The three elements you want to include, whenever possible in your Title Tags and Meta Descriptions are:
- Who are you? This can be the name of your business, or a keyword description of your type of business.
- What do you do? This is typically a keyword related to your products or services.
- Where are you? People want to know where your business is located. If you are an “online-only” business you can use the geographic region you serve instead.
- Headings (H1 and H2) – Make sure relevant keywords are used in these headings and only use one H1 heading.
- URLs – You web page addresses should include an appropriate keyword.
- Quality Page Content – The content on each of your pages needs to be original, unique, and high quality, while incorporating the right keywords organically between 2 to 3% of the total word count for the page.
- Relevant Images and Tags – Google cannot see what pictures are on your web pages, so make sure to use tags that properly describe them and incorporate a keyword when relevant.
- Internal Page Links – One factor Google ranks sites on is how long visitors remain active on that site, so add easy-to-navigate links to your other pages to entice visitors to stay longer.
- Page Load Times – An optimized page will load quickly. Slow loading pages can lead to “back clicking,” which is where the user leaves the page before it even loads, and is look upon by Google negatively.
- Mobile Friendliness – Mobile-friendly pages are vital if you want to be among the top SERPs.
- HTTPS Pages – Google is starting to give priority to websites that are HTTPS enabled and this will definitely become a key ranking factor in the near future.
- Create New Pages – Websites that have multiple pages, all with their own original content tend to be ranked higher in SERPs.
- Links to External Websites – Include a link to an external “authority” site is beneficial for proper optimization when relevant to the page content.
In addition, your pages should be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure they are properly optimized following the current ranking factors being used by Google and the other search engines and are not outdated. To learn more about proper page optimization and ranking factors, please feel free to contact the top Toronto SEO professionals at Logik Digital by phoning 1-866-307-0086 now!