Learn Tricks for Finding Long Tail Keywords
On December 13th, 2019 / By Hamzah Khadim
Search engine optimization (SEO) and the use of keywords is still one of the top factors used by search engines to determine rankings and search engine result placements (SERPs). It is not uncommon for many keywords to be highly competitive because the tools used, like Google’s Keyword Planner, is providing the same lists of keywords to everyone!
An effective method to help set yourself apart from your competitors is to turn to SEO strategies that incorporate the use of long tail keywords. Many large companies and major corporations tend to overlook using long tail keywords, which means all of these keyword phrases are up for grabs by small and medium businesses! Not only can they help improve your SERPs, but also increase organic inbound site traffic volume for your website and lead to higher conversions.
How do you find appropriate long tail keywords to us within your content?
The easiest method is to get assistance from us here at Logik Digital, with our SEO and web marketing services. However, if you are more of a “hands-on” person, and want to discover some for yourself, then feel free to use the following methods to discover relevant long tail keywords.
- Do a search on Google. Enter in basic keyword and once the SERPs are displayed, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. You will see a section titled “Searches related to…” and see the keyword along with other words. These keyword phrases are long tail keywords. Sometimes they are directly related to your initial keyword and other times they can be variations.
- Use a tool to research keywords. One tool you can use for free is Google Trends. Simply do a search within Google for the link to the tool. Once you access the tool, enter in a basic keyword. The results will show you the trends on that keyword and further down the page is a “Related Queries” section that shows related keywords. Some of these could be used to develop long tail keywords using the first tip.
- Use Google Suggest. This is another Google tool that will suggest keywords and variants you can use to develop long tail keywords.
- Try out UberSuggest. This tool can help save you time because it taps into Google Suggest and uses those results along with its own suggestions, which are neatly alphabetized, to supply you with numerous long tail keywords. You can also check out UberSuggest’s “word cloud,” which displays all words used in conjunction with the basic keyword.
- Use marketing tools. A free one is called “Answer the Public,” which allows you to enter in a basic keyword, select the country, and then click on the “Get Questions” button. The results pages will show you all the top questions people are searching for using that keyword, which can be converted into long tail keywords.
Once you have a list of long tail keywords relevant to your business, the next step is to incorporate them into your online content. For assistance with content development, SEO services, web marketing, and web development solutions, contact Logik Digital at 1-866-307-0086 and remember to request your free website audit today!