When you are running pay per click campaigns, one important factor many people tend to overlook is the quality score assigned to their AdWords. The reason the quality score is essential to successful ads is because the score determines several different factors, which include:
- The amount you are paying per click.
- The placement of the ad in search results.
- The performance of keywords used in your ads.
- The relevance of your ads.
The easiest way to think about quality scores is they are much like a credit score. For instance, if you have a high credit score, you tend to get a lower interest rate and pay less in financing charges. On the other hand if you have a lower credit score, you end up paying more.
The same is true with quality scores. If you have a higher quality score, your pay per click fees are less compared to those ads with lower quality scores. In other words, you will pay more per click for ads with poor quality scores.
This is why it is important to utilize effective PPC (pay per click) strategies to optimize your ads and achieve higher quality scores. With higher quality scores, you will have more money left in your campaign budget, as well as experience a higher return on investment (ROI).
1. AdWords keywords with a status of “Rarely shown due to low quality score” need to be addressed. What this status is telling you is Google is not displaying your ad that often and there are other ads that are getting priority over yours.
2. Create different campaigns that focus on one keyword per ad. This might sound strange because you have been creating ads using multiple keywords. However, managing your campaign can be more difficult because you will have keywords that perform well and others that are not. By only using one keyword per ad, you can easily monitor which ads are doing well and those that need your attention.
3. Do not forget to include negative keywords into your campaign. Negative keywords will improve the relevancy and placement of your ads for your targeted audiences because they stop the ad from being displayed in irrelevant search results. This will also help you not waste your budget.
4. Consider using long tail keywords and expanded ads. Expanded ads are a new format and give you more characters to use. This allows you to use long tail keywords for better ad focus.
5. Incorporate relevant extensions into ads. From your location to phone numbers, and reviews, there are different extensions that can help improve your quality score.
6. Make sure landing page content is relevant to your ad. Google does factor in the relevancy of the content on landing pages when determining quality scores.
As you can see higher quality scores translate to lower pay per click costs, better campaign performance, and a higher ROI. To learn more about PPC campaign strategies for your business or assistance in improving existing ads’ quality scores, please feel free to contact the PPC experts at Logik Digital by calling 1-866-307-0086 today!